directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] another question while implementing ACDFEngine
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:19:20 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> I've found that my main concern is how to find what apDN is.  It looks
> like I can find apDN by climbing up the DIT from the entry with user
> DN.  But I'm not sure about this.  Anyone knows about this?  Which
> administrative point should I choose?

This evaluator (for refinements I would guess) was must have been
designed for evaluating inclusion within a subentry.  In this case, the
apDN is the DN of administrative point, the parent just above the
subentry.  In it's use with subtreeSpecification inclusion evaluation
(mouth full) this evaluator is fed the specification, the apDn and the
objectClasses of the candidate entry being evaluated.

HTH,
Alex