directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject jdk 1.4/1.5 incompatibility problem?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:54:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm seeing the following 'bad class file' problem when I try a
multiproject:install from apacheds/trunk . I believe it has only
appeared in the last 24 hours.

Is this a jdk 1.5/jdk 1.4 incompatibility problem? A quick chat with
Brett in directory-dev on freenode led me to try setting
maven.compile.target=1.4 in project.properties for ldap-common. It
didn't remove the problem.

Having googled it does look like it is a 1.5/1.4 compatibility problem

I don't have time to pursue this problem right now but wanted to raise
it on the list mailer. Perhaps other people will run into it too.

[javac] Compiling 2 source files to
/home/nickf/src/apache/directory/directory/apacheds/trunk/core/target/classes
/home/nickf/src/apache/directory/directory/apacheds/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/server/schema/SchemaService.java:50:

cannot access org.apache.ldap.common.util.AttributeUtils
bad class file:
/home/nickf/.maven/repository/directory-shared/jars/ldap-common-0.9.3-SNAPSHOT.jar(org/apache/ldap/common/util/AttributeUtils.class)
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
import org.apache.ldap.common.util.AttributeUtils;

Cheers,
Nick