directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [OT] Schema restrictions within eDirectory
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:47:28 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Therefore I am not able to test how it behaves within several modify
> DN operations (they fail with Naming violations). Does anybody has an
> idea which eDirectory objectClass allows different attribute types for
> RDN? I intend to use the server as is for the test, and don't want to
> modify/extend the schema.

In LDAP nameForms govern the attributes that can be used in an entry's
RDN.   A nameForm is associated with a STRUCTURAL objectClass.  It
determines which attributes must be included within the RDN and which
attributes may be included.  Perhaps by default these servers have
installed some default nameForms for common objectClasses.

HTH,
Alex