directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [OT] Schema restrictions within eDirectory
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:59:13 GMT
Hi Marc

Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> hmm....have you tried inetOrgPeron?  Instead of "sn", try "uid"?
>
> Marc

Good idea. I assumed that inetOrgPerson will "inherit" the strange
restriction from person, but this is not the case.

The following worked. Creation of this entry:

dn: uid=szoerner,dc=labeo,dc=de
objectClass: Top
objectClass: Person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: szoerner
cn: Stefan Zoerner
sn: Zoerner

And then change it like this:

dn: uid=szoerner,dc=labeo,dc=de
changetype: modrdn
newrdn: cn=Stefan Zoerner
deleteoldrdn: 0

which leads to cn=Stefan Zoerner,dc=labeo,dc=de without any problems.
And this is an example which I was looking for. I still do not
understand the restriction for the person class (AD behaves the same,
but is the only other example I know), but I am happy.

Thanks, Stefan