directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject [OT] Schema restrictions within eDirectory
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:17:59 GMT
Hi all!

I plan to extend the list of LDAP servers, against which I run my test
suite against, by Novell eDirectory. I was able to install one (on
Solaris), and most tests succeed.

But I have the problem that all object classes I checked have schema
restrictions regarding RDN creation. Within class person attribute cn is
the only choice, within organizationalUnit it is ou, and so forth.

Therefore I am not able to test how it behaves within several modify DN
operations (they fail with Naming violations). Does anybody has an idea
which eDirectory objectClass allows different attribute types for RDN? I
intend to use the server as is for the test, and don't want to
modify/extend the schema.

Thanks in advance,
     Stefan

Btw: Same problem with Active Directory.