directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACIs update
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:05:29 GMT
Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
>>Da: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]
>>Well Mitosis is a completed product and the ACI functionality will be
>>available with 0.9.3 in a week or two.  That good?
>

> That's really good: this adds multi-master capabilities to the apacheDS, which is something
missing by the openldap server.

> The two products (apacheDS and openldap) have probably different design targes (flexibility
the first, performance and small footprint the latter) but for the 1-2 kEntries of my requirements,
both performance and footprint size aren't going to be an issue.

Regarding footprint size:

The protocol providers are designed as "plugins" that sit between MINA's
ServiceRegisty (networking front-end) and JNDI's InitialContextFactory
(apacheds core).  Other than the inclusion of schema specific to the
protocols (krb5kdc.schema, apachedns.schema, and dhcp.schema), there is
no other increase in footprint size to the core.

Alex mentioned the protocols can be turned off if they are not needed.
As plugins, they can be totally removed.

Enrique