directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <>
Subject Re: [OT] How best to respond to null arguments?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:35:07 GMT

The messageFormat bit is nice for i18n. It's definitely a good idea to
offer a util which can standardize validation. The final exception would
be a lot cleaner than a typical NPE.

In general, I'm a little cautious about using static behaviours but it
seems to work in this context - they can be hard to work around in
tests. I dont think this would be the case with your

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 02 September 2005 07:36, Nick Faiz wrote:
>>I've always thought that end users see too many stack-traces
>>and that applications don't really gain by throwing away exception
> Totally agree.
> See where I have created
> something that works along these lines.
> Cheers
> Niclas

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?

View raw message