directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Another failed draft on access control
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:19:39 GMT

Now we have Subentries as defined in RFC 3672 and so we have a flexible,
standard based infrastructure for implementing any administrative aspect.
The first experiment for this flexible architecture was implementing
collective attributes which took a few hours of Alex as I know. It seems
that ApacheDS will implement the ACI subsystem the most right way. These
failed RFCs are also good references for us to write a non-expiring LDAP

> Just as an FYI, this is the model that Octet String's ACLs are based on (I
> think there are a few additions) and it's worked quite well for them.
> Marc
> On 9/18/05, Alex Karasulu <> wrote:
>> Saw that Enrique added this to the JIRA issue for Access Control and
>> thought I'd post it to this list just in case it was not on our radar
>> screen. This draft btw is pretty extensive but diverges even more
>> drastically than we have from the X.501 specifications.
>> Cheers,
>> Alex

View raw message