directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: [ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] Why are we passing NextInterceptor to engine?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:23:38 GMT

> From: Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/09/29 Thu AM 11:04:15 EDT
> To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [ApacheDS][ACDFEngine] Why are we passing NextInterceptor to engine?
>
> 2005/9/29, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>:
> >
> > Sorry I still cannot understand why you need the interceptor. Can you
> > tell me what you do with the interceptor?
>

> ProtectedItem.MaxImmSub requires the access to the DIT because it limits the
> number of siblings. We cannot simply use ContextPartition because it
> bypasses all next interceptors in the chain. That's why we need
> NextInterceptor to implement ACDF.

If you need access to the DIT then you should just pass in the PartitionContextNexus rather
then passing in the NextInterceptor.  Passing in the NextInterceptor makes me think you want
to complete the operation within the ACDFEngine rather than use it to access the DIT.

Can you outline how you are accessing the DIT using NextInterceptor?

Alex