directory-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@archean.fr>
Subject Re: [Mina] JMX instrumentation
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:31:59 GMT
Le jeudi 01 septembre 2005 à 09:35 +0200, daune.jf@daune-consult.com a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> it seems that Mina JMX instrumentation is planned, but I don't know when.
>
> I actually need some performance counters (throughput, total nr of connections,
> current and max nr of concurrent connections...) for an application based on
> Mina.
>
> I am going to spend some time on this, and I could do it in Mina code as well,
> so that everyone can benefit.
>
> But I would need feedback on needed counters and some help for the best places
> to probe.
>
> What do you think of this ?

That's sound very interesting :)
I'm working on implementing a fail-over service and replication on my
MINA bassed server, and I need to monitor some parameters (different
MINA Protocol stacks status, CPU usage , free RAM and dozen of custom
parameters) for triggering a service migration (killing the running
service on the main server and start the service on the backup server).

I'm really new to JMX instrumentation but i think it could really help
me, so I'm willing to help to get it into Mina.

Julien