Hi all!

Currently I finish the second edition of my German LDAP book (http://www.entwickler.com/buecher/ldap/),  a short introduction for Java developers. I would like to add some paragraphs about the Apache Directory Project. The book is not vendor/server specific, but I think for Java guys it is interesting to know that an open Java based LDAP implementation is in progress at ASF.

From my point of view the mission of the project is most important/interesting for the book. Features will grow, and in some months a description about the current status would be outdated.
Is the document in the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/directory/ProjectProposal) still up to date, or does a newer "Mission Statement" exist?

Thanks in advance,
    Stefan

Stefan Zoerner, Dipl.-Math.

Advisory IT Architect, AMS Application Innovation
IBM e-business Innovation Center
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg

mail      szoerner@de.ibm.com