directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <SZOER...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Client library (I like JNDI factories)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:58:15 GMT
Hi all!

There is at least one feature within JNDI which I like: The factory
concept (object.-, state-, cantrol factories).
It allows us to implement cross cutting concerns like mapping between
POJOs and directory entries within on module, so the conversion is under
the hood (i.e. you make a JNDI search call and get your domain objects).
And it is quite simple to create vendor/schema specific behaviour and make
it customizable (even during runtime). Same is true for creation of
response controls for special LDAP controls.
Of course it is possible to create such a framewotk yourself, but in JNDI,
it is already there (within the JDK).

But yes, I also prefer "explicit" libraries like Novell/Netscape, e.g. for
LDIF functionality.

Greetings from Hamburg -- Stefan

Stefan Zoerner, Dipl.-Math.

Advisory IT Architect, AMS Application Innovation
IBM e-business Innovation Center
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg

mail      szoerner@de.ibm.com