directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <SZOER...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Project's Mission Statement (for a book)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:23:09 GMT
Hi all!

Currently I finish the second edition of my German LDAP book
(http://www.entwickler.com/buecher/ldap/),  a short introduction for Java
developers. I would like to add some paragraphs about the Apache Directory
Project. The book is not vendor/server specific, but I think for Java guys
it is interesting to know that an open Java based LDAP implementation is
in progress at ASF.

>From my point of view the mission of the project is most
important/interesting for the book. Features will grow, and in some months
a description about the current status would be outdated.
Is the document in the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/directory/ProjectProposal) still up to date, or
does a newer "Mission Statement" exist?

Thanks in advance,
    Stefan

Stefan Zoerner, Dipl.-Math.

Advisory IT Architect, AMS Application Innovation
IBM e-business Innovation Center
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg

mail      szoerner@de.ibm.com