directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Client library (I like JNDI factories)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:06:32 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> There is at least one feature within JNDI which I like:
> The factory concept[.] It allows us to implement cross
> cutting concerns like mapping between POJOs and directory
> entries within on module

Agreed.

And creative use of custom Context classes, controls and extended operations
can also bring new features to JNDI.

> But yes, I also prefer "explicit" libraries like Novell/Netscape,
> e.g. for LDIF functionality.

Actually, I like some of the async capabilities, but those are more for
network interface issues than, for example, use by stored procedures or
triggers within the directory server, itself.

	--- Noel