directory-dev mailing list archives

From <christian.hueb...@lhsystems.com>
Subject [apacheds] passing information in environment
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:05:27 GMT
Hello,

I'm using a own BindHandler implementation. This implementation stores the clients remote
address for further using in the authentication process.

But passing it in the environment is impossible, because AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(
Hashtable env ) calls ContextFactoryService.getJndiContext( String principal, byte[] credential,
String authentication, String rootDN ).

By doing so, parameters from environment are extracted and a own environment for the ServerLdapContext(
ContextFactoryService service, Hashtable env ) constructor is build. This way I loose the
information stored by my own BindHandler.

Can this process be changed, so that we call a ContextFactoryService.getJndiContext( Hashtable
env ) and no new environment is created?

Best regards
Christian Hübert