directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema Validation in Apache DS
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:53:54 GMT
Hi Stefan,

2005/8/22, Stefan Zoerner <stefan@labeo.de>:

> Am I right that currently no schema validation is done during
> modifications on entries? Or is it a configuration error (some
> interceptor missing)?

We didn't implement schema validation strictly. We'll have to.

There is two JIRA issues (DIR-EVE 52, 71) on this topic. Are there
> already plans for implementation?
> Should I create testcases independently of the current development
> status in this area? I would suggest to, because we can use these tests
> in order to verify the implementation of the schema checking, if it is
> done ...

As I told you above, we need to implement full and strict schema validation
into ApacheDS.

Besides that, deletion of the RDN of an entry really caused some
> trouble: You can create entries which are invisible for a client after
> such an operation, but still present in the partition.

This is a critical bug. :)
Please pile this to JIRA.

Thanks,
Trustin