directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] session idle time question
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:07:26 GMT
Hi,

2005/8/12, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p@gmail.com>:

> Needed some clarification on how the session idle time works. Once I
> receive the callback for sessionIdle, am I supposed to configure it
> again? Or is it expected to fire every time during the lifetime of
> the session when the condition is met?

MNA checks session idleness every seconds, and fires sessionIdle event if:

* if the session is considered idle, and
* if sessionIdle event is not fired yet.

So if you didn't write/read any message since sessionIdle event is fired,
sessionIdle event is not fired again. You need to do some I/O to activate
the event again. It is to prevent sessionIdle events from being fired too
frequently such as every seconds.

Can I disable the sessionIdle time for a session? Basically an on/off
> switch?

It is disabled by default, and you can disable it by setting idle time to 0
second.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/