directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Eve as a proxy to an existing LDAP server - Interceptor HOW-TO
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:00:31 GMT
Hello,

2005/8/11, Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgarten@gmail.com>:

> In this PowerPoint presentation
> (
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=https%3A//karasulu.homeip.net/svn/akarasulu/apachecon/eve-presentation/eve-intro-long.ppt&ei=DTb7QuLIE8emQeOnwNMB
> ),
> I've read that it is possible to use Eve as a proxy to an existing
> LDAP server.

Yes, you can. There is an interface called 'ContextPartition' that you can
implement. You could implement it to work as a proxy to other LDAP server.

The second step is a bit more complicated but it seems that with some
> coding that should be possible. To make that off-the-shelf application
> work my own LDAP using custom model and schema, I would need to be
> able to "catch" incoming requests and under some conditions
> re-evaluate search to return the correct results. According to that
> same presentation, I believe that I should go for the Interceptor. Is
> there any information available out there to help me deal with it ?

You can generate ApacheDS schema classes from LDAP schema file using a Maven
plugin we've created. And of course you can configure ApacheDS to load them
when it starts up.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/