directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mina: deploy on 0.7.4 or later?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 03:33:46 GMT
Hi,

2005/8/9, Alex Burmester <adb@plushpix.com>:

> I'm wondering if I should be trying to stick with the 0.7 branch and
> upgrade to 0.7.4 on my next release or if I should start the migration to
> the new api in the 0.9 mina.

I suggest you to use 0.7.4-SNAPSHOT which resolves some management issues.
(but these are trivial)

I'd prefer to go with whichever is likely to be the most stable and so far
> 0.7 has been working fine for us but I don't want to fall too far behind
> the current development.

No you're not. We'll announce when 0.9 is really ready to replace 0.7stream. :)

I also seem to be running into a memory leak with java.nio.HeapByteBuffer
> and it might be the same thing that was reported with the wrap() call.
> I'll have to go look at the docs since there's a reference to something
> about wrap() in the issue tracker.

You can call acquire() method once more for the wrapped MINA buffers. That's
all to prevent leakage. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/