directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server.properties vs. server.xml
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 03:15:53 GMT
Hi Stefan,

2005/8/4, Stefan Zoerner <SZOERNER@de.ibm.com>:

> There is no hint in the documentation (or at least I did not find any) for
> this. Is it planned not to support the *.properties variant any longer? I
> found it much easier to maintain.

That XML configuration file is actually a Spring Beans XML file. It just
demonstrates how to create your StartupConfiguration instance. You can use
the XML as you wish, but I suggest you to use your own configuration file
format and create an instance of StartupConfiguration from it to hide
internal ApacheDS configuration that should not be accessed by users if
you're emedding ApacheDS.

Another topic: I asked Kirill Kovalenko (Product Manager Softerra LLC)
> whether it is possible to add server detection for ApacheDS to their LDAP
> Browser/Adminstrator product. For those of you who don't know this program:
> It displays the LDAP server product / vendor in the properties dialog. Not a
> very important feature, but from my point of view it looks more professional
> if the client displays a correct information instead of "Vendor is unknown
> or impossible to detect" (0.9.1 and LDAP Administrator 3.2). Kirill told
> me that they will at support ADS in the version; which is quite easy because
> the vendorName attribute is provided in the Root DSE. You might add the
> vendorVersion attribute to allow an even more detailed message.

Could you please file this issue to JIRA so that we can track it?

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/