directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: notification of possible problem with nlog4j-1.2.14 & log4j compatibility
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:59:34 GMT

Hello Nick,

The problem should be fixed in NLOG4J version 1.2.16. With this version
code compiled with log4j will run fine in both log4j and NLOG4J. I think
this is the problem you encountered and would like to see fixed. So, that's
done. :-)

However, the inverse is not true. Code compiled with NLOG4J will only run
with NLOG4J. This means that your code, when compiled with NLOG4J, will
depend on NLOG4J, which in my humble opinion is a rather reasonable
requirement. Especially if you consider that NLOG4J has SLF4J support which
log4j does not have.

--
Ceki Gülcü