directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: [OT] How best to respond to null arguments?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 06:18:20 GMT
I think the answer depends on the role of the class.

If it's a client, or a "top level" manager, it's a good place to
validate, rather than passing on crap information to further regions of
code - IllegalArgumentExceptions are good for this (option #3)

If it's a low level piece of code which isn't in charge of validating
information it shouldn't have to think about it at all. (option #1).

That's my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Nick

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/