directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Implementing Subentries
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:57:40 GMT
Hello,

I've begun to formulate an approach to implementing subentries within
ApacheDS.  We've actually started some minimal work thanks to Ersin Er's
SubtreeSpecificationParser contribution and some of my recent commits in
the ApacheDS core.

Now that I have figured out an exact approach I think its a good time to
share this idea with the list to get feedback on it.  On the following
wiki page I have outlined the way we intend to implement subentries as
described by RFC 3672:

(NOTE: I appologize in advance for not using the Apache moin moin wiki
but I can't help but prefer confluence over this antiquated technology.)

http://apacheds.safehaus.org/Subentry+Implementation

The confluence link is here:

http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Subentry+Implementation

I would appreciate any comments or thoughts regarding this
implementation outline.

Thanks,
Alex