directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: Only 'uid=admin,ou=system' can initiate the first run.
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:28:28 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Thank you for the hint, Nick. I mavened this goal and although I had
> some problems with the Windows "shellscript" (horrible technology), it
> worked.

Feel free to improve the .bat file. :) It does need a little work put
into it before it can mirror its shell counterpart.

> Is it planned to offer this version to end users (pre-build)? I'm
> thinking of people who just want to get a first glimpse and do not want
> to have any trouble. Compare it to Tomcat: Just a ZIP/tgz, unpack/zip
> it, go to bin, and start it up. I think it is very near to this.

We missed the window for it for 0.9.2 . We need to set up a maven goal
which builds a standalone version that includes licensing information,
documentation, etc..

We'll do something like it for 0.9.3 which includes everything needed.

> Related to this is a question to the site: Currently, the download link
> points to http://cvs.apache.org/dist/directory/, which was last updated
> in May. Newcomers will think the current version of ApacheDS is 0.9. I
> would like if it's pointing to some URL, which reflects the current
> development (e.g. http://cvs.apache.org/repository/directory/jars/), or
> (probably better) copy at least the releases to the position linked from
> the website.

Good point. Perhaps one of the committer's can fix the problem. :)

  > Thanks for thinking about end users first contact with Apache DS.
> Greetings, Stefan (still in first contact, I confess)

No problem - thanks for wanting the standalone module to be functional.
If you have any ideas for it let this list know.

Cheers,
Nick

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/