directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Only 'uid=admin,ou=system' can initiate the first run.
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:25:06 GMT
Thank you for the hint, Nick. I mavened this goal and although I had
some problems with the Windows "shellscript" (horrible technology), it
worked.

Is it planned to offer this version to end users (pre-build)? I'm
thinking of people who just want to get a first glimpse and do not want
to have any trouble. Compare it to Tomcat: Just a ZIP/tgz, unpack/zip
it, go to bin, and start it up. I think it is very near to this.

Related to this is a question to the site: Currently, the download link
points to http://cvs.apache.org/dist/directory/, which was last updated
in May. Newcomers will think the current version of ApacheDS is 0.9. I
would like if it's pointing to some URL, which reflects the current
development (e.g. http://cvs.apache.org/repository/directory/jars/), or
(probably better) copy at least the releases to the position linked from
the website.

Thanks for thinking about end users first contact with Apache DS.
Greetings, Stefan (still in first contact, I confess)