directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Another release (0.9.2) before we introduce OSGi
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:11:33 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Was wondering if people would like to have another release before we
>> make way for an OSGi container changes.  This would be a
>> predominantly bug fix release without very many features.  It may
>> however include Emmanuels enhanced berlib for LDAP.
>

> [+1] +1 let's release apacheds 0.9.2
> [  ] 0 don't care
> [  ] -1 no let's not release yet
>
> Comments:
>
> I'll always vote to release, but it does seem odd to vote with a "may
> include berlib" hanging there.  Again, no issues with the new berlib,
> but rather the principle of voting for something that "may" include
> something else.

Yah I hear ya.  Let's just push the new codec back to a 0.9.3 release
then and isolate it within that release.

> Also, I'm not opposed to MINA 0.9, but it does mean a MINA release and
> then updates to the LDAP and Kerberos providers now that they ship
> with Directory.  Probably not a ton of work, but if I should be
> scheduling Kerberos work for MINA 0.9 I'd like to know.

No we should try to avoid bumping up to MINA 0.9 for now.  Let's just go
with the next stable bugfix release that Trustin is planning, 0.7.4, on
the road towards a stable 0.8 release.

Trustin how close is 0.7.4 to being a stable release.  In otherwords how
close is 0.7.4 to 0.8?

Thanks,
Alex