directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Another release (0.9.2) before we introduce OSGi
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:08:12 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>Is there any schedule for this release?

Nothing at the moment other than the JIRA roadmap we have out there.

>I vote +1, but it could be very cool to include as much improvment as
>possible (like MINA 0.9, all the bug fix we had, and if possible -
>depending on the schedule - the new Ber Codec)

Well to answer these questions which I have been thinking about lately
MINA 0.7.4 should go out in this 0.9.2 release just to get something
stable and usable out there to people with all these new features that
were added in the 0.9 branch.

I'm starting to think that another 0.9.3 branch can be done with the new
ber codec immediately after this one.  Then we can have some rapid bug
fix releases to correct any issues we might find with it.

Likewise for OSGi when we make such big feature changes we should try to
isolate one major change with the release.  It really does not matter
how many times we release.

Alex