directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Another release (0.9.2) before we introduce OSGi
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:12:45 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Was wondering if people would like to have another release before we
> make way for an OSGi container changes.  This would be a predominantly
> bug fix release without very many features.  It may however include
> Emmanuels enhanced berlib for LDAP.

[+1] +1 let's release apacheds 0.9.2
[  ] 0 don't care
[  ] -1 no let's not release yet

Comments:

I'll always vote to release, but it does seem odd to vote with a "may
include berlib" hanging there.  Again, no issues with the new berlib,
but rather the principle of voting for something that "may" include
something else.

Also, I'm not opposed to MINA 0.9, but it does mean a MINA release and
then updates to the LDAP and Kerberos providers now that they ship with
Directory.  Probably not a ton of work, but if I should be scheduling
Kerberos work for MINA 0.9 I'd like to know.

Enrique