directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: temporarily disable nags for Directory in gump?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:40:41 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Having looked at the recent problems with Apache Directory, I can't
>immediately fix them. The checkout is locked and I don't have access
>to vmgump. I hadn't been tracking these since it moved from brutus.
>
>While you might want to look into automating svn cleanup on locked
>checkouts, I'm proposing we disable the directory descriptors (or at
>least the nags) for now. There seem to be a steady flow of problems in
>the build that are not actually broken builds.

Right this is the reason why I want notifications turned off. There's no
gain atm from gump.   Also no one is willing to maintain it for
directory.  I'd rather move on to more modern tools.

>This would just be until such time as:
>a) somebody else in the gump tree depends on directory libraries (at
>which point gump becomes useful as a regression test, and it is worth
>the effort to keep them up to date, but at the moment nothing does)

+1

>b) gump3 goes live which should be able to read the maven descriptors
>directly which should just mean that nags are actually things broken,
>not gump integration issues

+1

>Any thoughts?

I couldn't agree with you more.  How can we turn gump off for the moment
or at least turn off the nag notifications?  Is there a switch someone
can turn off?

Alex