directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Protocol test suite
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:38:20 GMT
Hi Alex!

Yes, I am interested. I will create a small suite as a suggestion for
the structure and will submit it to JIRA for your review (I hope until
end of week).
I am not sure, whether JNDI is the right choice here, but I suggest to
start with it, because then there is no dependency other than JUnit and JSE.

I think it is not necessary to create hundreds of test cases. The most
typical ones for each operation should be fine for the beginning. Having
"special cases" in it would make it difficult to run it against
different LDAP solutions. From my point of view, the test suite should
concentrate on the functionality which is undisputable among the
different vendors. Because of my book project I have a nice collection
of servers here including orchid species like eDirectory and Tivoli. And
Active Directory as well, although the test license will expire soon. No
big loss at all ;-) Anyway, I would like to run the suite against all
major solutions just to be sure that we check common sense.

Greetings from Hamburg,
    Stefan