directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: SLF4J and Maven
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:40:05 GMT
Hi Jacob & Alex,

Well, nlog4j-1.2.14 is listed as as dependency in the apacheds
project.xml - so it will be present for main, core, and shared. nlog4j
holds the org.slf4j.Logger and org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.

Jacob - can you check that your apacheds/project.xml is up to date? If
you've updated the core project alone you might have missed out on the
higher level dependency.

If you have any further problems let me know. I will increase
documentation so people understand how the dependency is represented in
the project structure (see below).

I will spend some time tonight adding information about slf4j at
http://wiki.apache.org/directory/LoggingPlan or thereabouts.

I need to draw attention to the best usages of SLF4J, it introduces a
couple of nice things which were not present in log4j. When this is done
I'll update this list.

Cheers,
Nick

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/