directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Modification of Attributes (Vicas syndrom)
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:02:39 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I faced a comparable error like Vikas (see below) with modification of
> object classes (from a CLI client).
> Can anybody point me to a place in the code where JUnit tests for JNDI
> clients are hosted ?
> Is it "apacheds/trunk/main/src/test/org/apache/ldap/server/jndi"
> (there is one test case class present)?

Check out the core/src/test/org/apache/ldap/server/jndi also.  The main
just has the main executable in it along with code that glues various
services like the Kerberos MINA Service with LDAP.  The core is kept
free of other dependencies and is the heart for all the LDAP stuff after
protocol message decoding.

> I would like to create/add some test cases to verify behaviour for
> LDAP clients (currently I concentrate on the "user experienece" ;-).
> Including one for the situation Vicas described.
>
> And a question: If I raise a defect in JIRA: What is the preferred way
> to demonstrate it:
> a) JNDI program/Test case (pure Java)
> b) LDIF file with operation sequence (pure LDAP)

It's nice to have a simple JNDI TestCase then we can just add it to all
the test cases.  Plus it gives us code to reproduce the error.

Alex