directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Modification of Attributes (Vicas syndrom)
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:38:23 GMT
Hi

I faced a comparable error like Vikas (see below) with modification of
object classes (from a CLI client).
Can anybody point me to a place in the code where JUnit tests for JNDI
clients are hosted ?
Is it "apacheds/trunk/main/src/test/org/apache/ldap/server/jndi" (there
is one test case class present)?
I would like to create/add some test cases to verify behaviour for LDAP
clients (currently I concentrate on the "user experienece" ;-).
Including one for the situation Vicas described.

And a question: If I raise a defect in JIRA: What is the preferred way
to demonstrate it:
a) JNDI program/Test case (pure Java)
b) LDIF file with operation sequence (pure LDAP)

Greetings from Hamburg,
    Stefan

---

All
Apache (apacheds-main-0.9.jar)
Java - JNDI to access ldap

        ModificationItem[] mods = new ModificationItem[1];
        Attribute mod = new BasicAttribute(uniqueMember_ATTR, userDN);
        mods[0] =  new ModificationItem(DirContext.ADD_ATTRIBUTE, mod);
        DirContext dc = null;
         dc = lc.open();
         dc.modifyAttributes(theDN, mods);

The above lines of code seems to not add additional values to the attribute.
The existing attribute values are getting replaced by this new value.

eg-
Group already has two users "john' and 'Matt'
To add 'Jack' to the group will cause  the other two to loose their
group assignments.

These work just fine with other ldap providers like openldap.
Any ideas comments?

thx