directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Storing binary data in 0.9.1 fails (or data given back from the directory is changed)
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:09:47 GMT
Hi Alex!

I changed my server.xml configuration, i.e. I added the attributes as
described to the java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary list. Unfortunatly,
it doesn't work, the binary data is still stored/read out wrong. I
checked it with Softerra LDAP Administrator and added an inetOrgPerson
entry with a jpegPhoto attribute. Photo was damaged.
I also ran the test case I added to JIRA DIREVE-163, and it failed as well.

Therefore there must be a problem within ApacheDS, or with my
configuration skills.

Grettings from Hamburg,
    Stefan

---

Stefan Zoerner wrote:

 > Hi all!
 >
 > I have a problem with binary data within directory entries. If I
 > import an inetOrgPerson with jpegPhoto into the Apache DS (LDIF
 > format, binary data is Base64), the image data is damaged in the entry
 > (at least when it is read out). I tried different tools (import with
 > LDAP Administrator from Softerra, native ldapadd from Solaris 9, ...)
 > the result was always the same. Wenn I import the same file in another
 > Directory Server (e.g. OpenLDAP), it works fine.

Hmmm I don't think the attribute is being defined as binary within the
configuration file which someone seemed to comment out grrrr!

I just committed 230475 which should fix this issue.  It's a simple
configuration option.  You can add this line straight to your config
file to make sure this problem goes away.  Anyhow here's the DIFF of the
commit:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=230475&view=rev

If you notice the java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary property was
commented out by someone.  When this is set to the list I just put in
your JPEG photo should be just fine.  Let me know if this works.

Thanks,
Alex