directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Storing binary data in 0.9.1 fails (or data given back from the directory is changed)
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:21:06 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a problem with binary data within directory entries. If I
> import an inetOrgPerson with jpegPhoto into the Apache DS (LDIF
> format, binary data is Base64), the image data is damaged in the entry
> (at least when it is read out). I tried different tools (import with
> LDAP Administrator from Softerra, native ldapadd from Solaris 9, ...)
> the result was always the same. Wenn I import the same file in another
> Directory Server (e.g. OpenLDAP), it works fine.

Hmmm I don't think the attribute is being defined as binary within the
configuration file which someone seemed to comment out grrrr!

I just committed 230475 which should fix this issue.  It's a simple
configuration option.  You can add this line straight to your config
file to make sure this problem goes away.  Anyhow here's the DIFF of the
commit:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=230475&view=rev

If you notice the java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary property was
commented out by someone.  When this is set to the list I just put in
your JPEG photo should be just fine.  Let me know if this works.

Thanks,
Alex