directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: searchable java context implementation
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:07:15 GMT
Hi Aaron,

I'm not sure why you want to do this with LDAP search filters.  Can you
clarify what you want to do here essentially abstracting it from your
specific application.  Meaning what additional feature are you expecting
from a search filter?

Thanks,
Alex

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 11:00 -0400, Aaron Hamid wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>  I am intending to write a small service which maintains a list of "task" entries
which can be submitted, acknowledged, and searched.  The entries are going to be a fairly
simple flat data structure with things like 'submittor', 'recipient', 'submission date', 'message',
etc.  Although I could write a search API which searches on individual fields, or perhaps
a slightly more robust API that searches on a union of fields with implicit AND/OR semantics,
I think it would be much more elegant to provide something like rfc 2254 ldap search s-expressions.
 My question is: does anybody know of a searchable Java context implementation?  I have tried
MirrorCtx, and although it does have the nice feature of persistence, it does not implement
a searchable API (DirContext).  Actually I think there are several shallow "java" context
implementations (ubiquitously seen in applications like Tomcat, etc.), but I have not found
any that provide search functionality.  I'm thinking something