directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Boreham <da...@bozemanpass.com>
Subject Re: Client library
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:03:00 GMT

>Either way, I'm not a particuler fan of JNDI :-).

Agreed. JNDI is evil IMHO. Well, fine for its intended purpose
which was to abstract multiple directory services underneath
a single interface. Problem is that for the most part there is only
one directory service these days (LDAP) and now the quest
for abstraction leads to loss of fidelity in the interface.