directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert r. Sanders" <robert.sand...@ipov.net>
Subject Re: Client library
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:11:45 GMT
Its a little hard to find "from scratch", but JNDI has a lot to do w/
LDAP (look at the javax.naming.dir package).

Create a connection to the Apache Directory server (when its running on
localhost):

        Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://localhost:389/ou=system");

            "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");

        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");

        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");

        DirContext context = new InitialDirContext(env);

Add entries to a context:

    String name = "cn=User Two,ou=users";

    Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes();

    attrs.put("dn", name + ",ou=system");

    attrs.put("cn", "Two User");

    attrs.put("givenName", "Two");

    attrs.put("sn", "User");

    attrs.put("uid", "user.two");

    attrs.put("mail", "user.two@hotmail.com");

    attrs.put("userPassword", "plaintext2");

    attrs.put("objectClass", "inetOrgPerson");

    attrs.put("objectClass", "top");

    context.createSubcontext(name, attrs);

There are some pretty decent tutorials under the JNDI trail on this.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist