directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP protocol implementation and data containing accents
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:11:04 GMT
Hi,

I'm (still) working on my LDAP proxy implementation and I get into
troubles with data containing accents.

For example, accents seem to disappear from returned DN value.

Also, accents in a filter are incorrectly received (decoded ?) in
SearchHandler, for example the filter (sn=*é*) is retrieved as

A wild guess would be some kind of coding / decoding problem (charset
related ?). I believe that if I get it in my own SearchHandler
implementation, the one provided with ApacheDS should also get it.
That may be a problem for people dealing with data having accents
(like my firstname).

Are my assumptions correct ?

What would be the best way to get rid of that problem.

Regards,
Jérôme