directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JNDI search and types only
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:39:56 GMT
Thanks Cimballi.

> There is a poperty to fix in order to return only attributes names :
> env.put("java.naming.ldap.typesOnly", "true");
> More information here :
> http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/misc/index.html

So I guess there's a bug in org.apache.ldap.server.protocol.SearchHandler
line 89 : controls.setReturningObjFlag( req.getTypesOnly() );
these two properties are totally different and the following should be added :

context.addToEnvironment("java.naming.ldap.typesOnly",
String.valueOf(req.getTypesOnly()));

along with its remove counter part in a finally clause. As should also
be done (I believe) for the DEREFALIASES_KEY property.

> The * attribute means all + operational attributes
> The + attribute means all + operational attributes + all others

Again, thanks. I need to find out now what's wrong in my LDAP proxy
(based on ideas from Alex), I only get operational attributes.