directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Eve as a proxy to an existing LDAP server - Interceptor HOW-TO
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:50:16 GMT
I understand that to do simple proxying all I need to do is to
implement my own ContextPartition. But this is only the first step of
what I plan to do.

The second step (as explained in my first post) is to be able to
change, if necessary,  incoming requests (like the filter), change the
outgoing results, and maybe send the proxyed LDAP server some LDAP
requests to enrich the results ApacheDS should send back to the
client. To my understanding, this could be done as an interceptor,
thus leaving my ContextPartition just doing proxying and nothing else.
Am I correct ? My intend is to have a ContextPartition that only does
proxying, nothing else, making it a reusable component for myself and
anyone else interested. I believe that what needs to be done to
realize my step 2 should definitely not be in the ContextPartition.