directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Eve as a proxy to an existing LDAP server - Interceptor HOW-TO
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:55:20 GMT
> Hello,
>
> 2005/8/11, Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgarten@gmail.com>:
> > In this PowerPoint presentation
> > (
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=https%3A//karasulu.homeip.net/svn/akarasulu/apachecon/eve-presentation/eve-intro-long.ppt&ei=DTb7QuLIE8emQeOnwNMB),
> > I've read that it is possible to use Eve as a proxy to an existing
> > LDAP server.
>
>  Yes, you can.  There is an interface called 'ContextPartition' that you can
> implement.  You could implement it to work as a proxy to other LDAP server.
>

> > The second step is a bit more complicated but it seems that with some
> > coding that should be possible. To make that off-the-shelf application
> > work my own LDAP using custom model and schema, I would need to be
> > able to "catch" incoming requests and under some conditions
> > re-evaluate search to return the correct results. According to that
> > same presentation, I believe that I should go for the Interceptor. Is
> > there any information available out there to help me deal with it ?
>
>  You can generate ApacheDS schema classes from LDAP schema file using a
> Maven plugin we've created.  And of course you can configure ApacheDS to
> load them when it starts up.

Thanks, But is this mandatory ? In the first step, all I want it to do
is to proxy (relay) incoming LDAP requests to another LDAP server. To
what extend ApacheDS needs to know the schema to just relay the
requests ?

Also, is there any publicly available documentation on the
interceptors ? It looks like that is the way to go to fulfill myu
second step.

>  Trustin--
> --
> http://gleamynode.net/