directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Baumgarten <jbaumgar...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Eve as a proxy to an existing LDAP server - Interceptor HOW-TO
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:38:27 GMT
Hello,

In this PowerPoint presentation
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=https%3A//karasulu.homeip.net/svn/akarasulu/apachecon/eve-presentation/eve-intro-long.ppt&ei=DTb7QuLIE8emQeOnwNMB),
I've read that it is possible to use Eve as a proxy to an existing
LDAP server.

I actually want to do this to first see what an off-the-shelf
application exactly sends to my LDAP server.

But I've not been able to find any reference on the way to set this
up. I could write my own partition ad described in the section "Custom
Partition" (http://wiki.apache.org/directory/ApacheDirectoryServer)
but there might already exist a more straightforward way.

The second step is a bit more complicated but it seems that with some
coding that should be possible. To make that off-the-shelf application
work my own LDAP using custom model and schema, I would need to be
able to "catch" incoming requests and under some conditions
re-evaluate search to return the correct results. According to that
same presentation, I believe that I should go for the Interceptor. Is
there any information available out there to help me deal with it ?

Regards,
Jérôme