directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject [LDAP] Adding a value to an attribute
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:58:38 GMT
Hi,

I am experimenting with version 0.9 of Directory Server and while
using it with Novell's JLDAP client library, I found what might be a
bug. I am trying to implement something similar to this example:
<http://developer.novell.com/ndk/doc/samplecode/jldap_sample/
AddUserToGroup.java.html>. The first time I run the code, everything
seems to be OK, but if I try to add another member to the group, I
would expect the "uniqueMember" attribute to have one more value, in
addition to the first one. What happens instead is that the old value
is overwritten by the new one and so my group always has just one
member. In other words, doing something like:

             LDAPAttribute member = new LDAPAttribute("uniqueMember",
dn);
             LDAPModification mod = new LDAPModification
(LDAPModification.ADD, member);
             lc.modify(groupDN, mod);

behaves as if LDAPModification.REPLACE was specified instead of ADD.
Is this a bug in DS or am I doing something wrong? I also searched in
JIRA but could not find anything relevant.

     Thanks in Advance,

         Ugo

--
Ugo Cei