directory-dev mailing list archives

From daune...@daune-consult.com
Subject [Mina] Injecting message into Mina queue(s)
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:50:47 GMT
Hi,

I have just developed a protocol handling application based on a written
specification, and during integration tests it appeared that the client does
not comply with the specification and does not one ACK message.

For practical reasons, it is out of question to change the client. So, it is our
server that must change.

Unfortunately, this implies important changes that I would like to avoid if
possible.

One option would be to 'fool' our server by posting the missing message in the
Mina queue. The ProtocolHandler would then not notice the change. As the server
does not reply to this message (it just updates the internal FSM), it would be
perfect for us.

Is there a recommended way of doing this ?

Best regards,

J-F