directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Kirill Kovalenko" <kir...@softerra.com>
Subject RE: Unable to start ADS 0.9.1
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:25:02 GMT
Hello,

> but I can't start the server...

There is must be a kind of startup threading synchronization issue.

After a dozen of bad starts it finally started successfully. It happened
with no apparent reason. I did absolutely nothing to server or system
configuration...

Sincerely yours,

Kirill Kovalenko
Product Manager
Softerra LLC
http://www.softerra.com
http://www.ldapadministrator.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirill Kovalenko [mailto:kirill@softerra.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:39 PM
To: dev@directory.apache.org
Subject: Unable to start ADS 0.9.1

Hello,

Probably I do something wrong but I can't start the server... I keeps
throwing exceptions and says "Only 'uid=admin,ou=system' can initiate the
first run." upon server start start and "Address already in use: bind" every
time I try binding to the server.

I have JDK 1.5.0_03-b7 under Windows XP SP2. Apache DS 0.9.1.

Could you please suggest something?

Thanks!