directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Performance of ApacheDS versus OpenLdap. Take 2
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:22:40 GMT
Ok, then, I re-tested both system, but I minimized JMeter console to
avoid Swing to sucks all the CPU (Previously, I was looking at this
superb aggregate report while testing).

The results are quite different. My System CPU goes up to 12%. Now,
OpenLdap is faster than ApacheDS.

NB : Please, PLEASE, do NOT take those tests as valuable comparison of
both products. It's just a very first test, on a single computer, with
ApacheDS running into Eclipse, and many many other biases. These are
just numbers ;)

"Get the facts first. You can distort them later." Mark Twain.

Emmanuel.

Jmeter
masked

1
thread, launched 2000 times. Bind, Search and UnBind

ApacheDS
CPU=
100%

Request
#sample
Average
Median
 90%
 line
 Min
 Max
Error
  %
Throughput
KB/sec

Bind
  2000
     4
     2
     3
     1
   191
0.00%
120.4/sec
 23,64

  2000
     1
     2
     3
     1
   184
0.00%
120.5/sec
 42,82

UnBind
  2000
     0
     0
     1
     0
     4
0.00%
120.5/sec
 24,47

TOTAL
  6000
     2
     2
     2
     0
   191
0.00%
361.3/sec
 90,91

OpenLdap
CPU=100%

Request
#sample
Average
Median
 90%
 line
 Min
 Max
Error
  %
Throughput
KB/sec

Bind
  2000
     3
     1
     2
     1
   477
0.00%
165.8/sec
 33,52

  2000
     0
     0
     1
     0
   189
0.00%
165.9/sec
 58,47

UnBind
  2000
     0
     0
     1
     0
    85
0.00%
165.9/sec
 33,69

TOTAL
  6000
     1
     1
     1
     0
   477
0.00%
497.5/sec
125,67

5
threads, launched 400 times. Bind, Search and UnBind

ApacheDS
CPU=
100%

Request