directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance of ApacheDS versus OpenLdap. First results!
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:12:39 GMT
On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 15:03 -0600, David Boreham wrote:
> I have a suspicion that your figures may not be right.
>
> Is it possible that you're actually measuring the performance of the
> test client ?

I'm using Jmeter to do the tests. It really sends requests to the
server, I bet.

> I know that I've seen nearly 10,000 searches/s from OL.

My computer is a little bit loaded at the moment ;) And as I'm just
doing a very simplistic bind/search/unbind request, it's not really a
search test.

> It's a little strange that the ApacheDS and OL numbers are almost
> exactly the same too.

you mean apacheds ~ openldap? or that we have the same values in the
Throuhput column?

> Also strange that binds and unbinds are done with exactly
> the same throughput as searches.

This is just plain normal. As they are sequential, what is counted is
the throughput of the sequence B-S-U. The Total number is worthless, I
think.

> Perhaps I'm not reading the table correctly : I'm looking
> at the 'throughput' column.

This is the good column, but just forget about the Total Throughput.

However, do NOT take this test as something serious ;) This is just a
little test I did to help us keeping the good pace. We have a pretty
fast Ldap Server, which need a LOT of work to be production-ready.
Sometime we also need some good marks ;)