directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JNDI search and types only
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:40:49 GMT
On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 15:07 +0200, Jérôme Baumgarten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for being off-topic but some on this list may know the answers.
>
> org.apache.ldap.common.message.SearchRequest contains information
> about the "types only" search. Also, it is possible to do the same
> with the JLDAP [1] API. But I didn't find the way to do this with
> JNDI. How am I supposed to pass this information ?

There is en env variable
java.naming.ldap.typesOnly
you can set.

>>From http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jndi/jndi-ldap-gl.html :

"java.naming.ldap.typesOnly
The value of this property is a string that specifies whether only
attribute IDs are returned in results - attribute values are omitted.
Affects the SearchResult.getAttributes and DirContext.getAttributes
methods. The following values are defined for this property:

true
        return only attribute IDs.
false
        return both attribute IDs and attribute values.

If this property is not set then its default value is false.

For example:

env.put("java.naming.ldap.typesOnly", "true");
causes the server to return attribute IDs but not attribute values."

> Also, what is the '+' attribute value when doing a search ?

If it's something like "sn=test+givename=joe, ...", it will be used to
search entries that use multi-valued RDN

Emmanuel