directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol Testsuite: Mission Statement (Proposal)
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:08:10 GMT
> Are the sources for the proxy GUI already in the Apache DS svn?  It may also
> be interesting in integration tasks, e.g. for research if someone fails
> to integrate an LDAP server in a middleware, because the latter is
> poorly documentated. Have you ever thought about offering it in the
> client section of the Apache Directory Project?

It's not in the client section, as it's in the sandbox !

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/sandbox/trunk/asn1-new-
codec/src/java/org/apache/ldap/proxy/

This is very disgusting code, but it works.

It's quite easy to use, you just have to launch MainFrame with three
parameters : the listening port, the LDAP server host and port.

I must admit that it bloody need some packaging, but it met my needs
when I used it : testing the new ASN1 codec.

> Yes, I thought about JMeter as well. Especially because it gives us
> remote JMeter engines on different machines for heavy load tests. Nice
> task for my little test center here (I collect old Sun workstations
> ...). But first I would like to complete the test cases for the little
> test suite.

You are perfectly correct. As soon as tests are completed, it will be a
piece of cake to integrate them in JMeter

> JNDI biggest advantage will be that Alex can integrate theme
> easily in the sercer test suite (at least If we find a way to do this
> wothout copying to much code).

Don't forget to mention that they are helpfull to debug the code ;)

> Thank you to welcome me aboard. The more users we have, the more helping
> hands will appear. This is why I am so interested in improving end  user
> experience (and this starts with standard compliance and includes
> documentation, which I am also interested to contribute). If a user
> fails to use the server (e.g. because his/her clients refuse to work
> correctly with it), s/he will choose another ... .

The good point is that there are not a lot of candidates out there ;-)